Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 4,300 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People, who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
Ortho is an independent company, sponsored by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. The company's executive leadership team has extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho is a strong brand with solid positions in attractive, growing segments and regions.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking an Engineer 1, User-Experience Designer who is able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The User-Experience Designer will also be expected to define the behavior of the product and assist with the overall implementation of the product function, in order to ensure a great user experience. This position is located in Rochester, NY.
• Facilitate Ortho’s vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for our products
• Research and identify user stories, user journeys and design problems
• Create product concepts and intuitive prototypes
• Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test ideas with users; iterate your designs based on feedback.
• Design and deliver wireframes, style and behavior documents and final solutions optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
• Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
• One or more years of UX design experience. Bachelor’s Degree in New Media Design, Human-Centered Computing, or New Media Development; Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or equivalent combination of education and experience in Interaction Design. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing for medical devices.
• Ability to work independently and within teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet customer needs and Ortho’s vision.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, α/β testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
• Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and users.
• Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
• Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
• Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
• Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
• Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is important to us. By continuing to use our site to apply to this position, you agree to the Candidate Notice below that is applicable to where you reside, which outlines our privacy policies on information collected during the hiring process.